If there is a movie that all entrepreneurs should see at least once in their life, it is Power Hunger, since the history of McDonald’s and Ray Kroc It is full of lessons for all those who want to start their own business.
It does not matter if you are just starting out, if you are an entrepreneur, or if you are creating your company; If you want to learn how to grow on a large scale, how to set up a franchise and how to build a brand, you should see Power Hungerthe history of McDonald’s, and everything it did Ray Kroc to lead her to success.
Although the founders of McDonald’s were the brothers Richard and Maurice McDonald; Ray Kroc, being a traveling salesman of milkshake machines, takes the title of having built what is today the most successful fast food brand on the planet.
Power Hunger is full of valuable lessons for young entrepreneurs: Ray Kroc had to overcome countless rejections, failures, difficulties, losses, family problems and many other difficult moments through persistence.
And just like he said Pablo Picasso, “When inspiration strikes, let it find me working”This is exactly what happened to this street vendor when a small business called McDonald’s placed a large order with him.
This is not about summarizing the movie. power manbut to leave you with the best business lessons in the history of McDonald’s, which is full of valuables about how to be a successful entrepreneur, such as, for example, that the brothers of McDonald’s did not have the drive and vision to achieve what Ray Kroc hit the mark.
7 Power Hunger Lessons for Entrepreneurs by Ray Kroc:
1. Ray Kroc, the milkshake machine salesman, never gave up. He kept selling and selling and selling, getting hundreds of “No’s” until he found a yes. He never took no for an answer.
2. He constantly innovated. Every time he was faced with a “It’s not possible” he thought of some other way of doing things. In Power HungerRay Kroc always took his proposals to the limit.
3. A very important advice for entrepreneurs What Ray Kroc left behind was knowing how to surround himself with the right people. For example, Kroc saw the potential and charisma of one of his cooks, who later rose to a management position.
Similarly, Ray understood that the best place to find people who were interested and passionate about the business was not in clubs or fancy restaurants, so he began to go to other places that he knew had business opportunities.
4. The person you have by your side will be essential to achieve your goals. At various times during the film Ray was uncomfortable with his wife’s lack of entrepreneurial spirit.
So if you want to be a successful entrepreneur, choosing your partner is a crucial step.
5. From the beginning of Power Hunger, Ray Kroc’s vision, ideas and drive for the business was evident.
For example, he had the idea of making the shakes into powders to save on the high energy costs of storage; he wanted Coca Cola to sponsor the menus to earn extra money, among other ideas.
In your case, being a young entrepreneur, you may be thinking that you do not have enough capital to make your ideas come true. However, don’t let lack of money be a ceiling on your vision.
It is a lack of persistence, not capital, that keeps people from succeeding.
Now, the lessons for young entrepreneurs are learned by imitation and also by opposition, that is, identifying what you don’t like about someone so as not to apply it in your life. Here are two of these lessons:
6. Relationships are important, and Ray, when he had the majority of the business, began to treat the McDonald’s brothers badly.
Although there is a correct way of doing things, it cannot be forgotten that at the end of the day, with whom you do business, it is a person with dreams, aspirations, mistakes and with a history just like you.
7. You cannot forget the people who were with you from the beginning. Although relationships change, love ends and friendships move away, you cannot forget what they did for you from the beginning.
Always be grateful to the people who accompanied youand as far as possible, give back with part of your achievements and results, their presence in difficult times.
Finally, remember that entrepreneurship requires hard work, effort, and persistence. And this is clearly seen in Power Hunger.
However, other factors are also important, such as relationships, your principles and values, that is, working to learn how to be a better person.
If you manage to keep them present in your business life, this will be the greatest lesson you can take from Hunger for Power and the history of McDonald’s.
Continue reading: The 30 mistakes of an entrepreneur that you should avoid in your business