Having the best online store won’t help you if you don’t bring traffic to it. and to be able to Increase web traffic of your e-commerce You must perform these actions:
- Optimize your website for search engines (SEO)
- Create a blog and post regularly
- Guest posting on third-party blogs
- Take advantage of social networks
- Include your website URL in the email signature
- Join forums relevant to your niche
- Use Google Ads
- Create ads on Instagram and Facebook
- Run email marketing campaigns
Of these 9 strategies, 6 are free and, if executed correctly, will allow you to increase the sales of your online business.
But before we dive into each of the details, let’s look at what web traffic is and how many types there are.
What is web traffic?
Web traffic refers to all activities performed by users on a websiteie the total number of hits to visit a website, either to view a single page, to view and navigate the website, or to perform a specific action.
Now these users can access a given website and generate traffic in different ways: through a search engine like Google, through a link on social networks, a news site’s advertising banner, and other channels that we’ll see below. .
Types of Web Traffic
There are at least 6 sources through which you can generate visits to a website. Let’s see in detail what these types of traffic are:
1. Organic: that is, those visits that reach a page without having invested any money in advertising; This is usually done by a user search on Google and appears in a favorable position on the search engine results page for search engine optimized content (SEO).
2. Payment: refers to the traffic that comes from ads published via Google ads Y Facebook Ads.
3. Direct: occurs when the user enters the address of your brand’s website in the browser and accesses it without clicking anywhere else; This type of traffic is very valuable as it means the person is specifically looking for your business and is closer to converting.
👉 Keep in mind that this type of traffic can also reflect traffic unrelated to the previous explanation, since tools like Google Analytics don’t recognize where the user came from and end up classifying it as direct traffic.
4. Referral or Referral Traffic: These are the visits that come to your website via a link to your page that appears on other websites.
5. Social: is this traffic that comes from social networks.
6. Email: refers to the visits coming to your website from links distributed via email marketing.
1) Optimize your website for search engines (SEO)
Positioning your website in the search results of Google and other search engines can help you generate large amounts of traffic for free.
Remember that every page on your website must have an HTML tag title and a Description meta tag unique and relevant to its content.
If you want to learn more about SEO strategies for your website, we recommend reading the 9 SEO Tips for Ecommerce post.
Once your website is ready, don’t wait for Google to add it to the results, Submit your website to Google.
2) Create your blog and post it often
A blog is an effective way to generate traffic because not only can you generate content that will be included in search results, but the posts can also be shared on social networks, increasing your brand’s reach and generating new visits. .
However, to do this, it is imperative that you create publications that are relevant to the interests of your audience. Do not limit yourself to news or offers from your company, but think about what interests your target group.
Also, avoid copying content from other websites. The generation of unique content allows you to maximize the impact of the publication, increase links to it and increase the number of times the article is shared..
Once you’ve defined specific topics you want to target, use a keyword tool to title your articles in a way similar to how your audience is searching for that content.
In terms of publication frequency, we recommend that you create new articles every 2 weeks.
3) Create guest posts on third-party blogs
Once you have identified blogs that are relevant to your target audience, You can contact them and offer to write an article. Since you are a guest author, you can include a short personal bio in these articles along with a link to your website.
This technique has two advantages:
- Blog readers will see the link to your site and some will visit it.
- This link will also help you position your website in search engines.
4) Use social networks
Create profiles for companies on social networks where your target audience is, and don’t forget to include the web address (URL) of your website in each of them!
Like blogging, the most important thing is to generate relevant content for your audience and post it often.
Nevertheless, If you share one of your products or an offer, don’t forget to add a link to your virtual store. Otherwise, it won’t increase your traffic.
5) Paste your website URL into your email signature
You probably send e-mails frequently. An easy way to use these emails to increase visits to your site is to include your website’s web address (URL) in the signature of these emails.
You can apply this to both your personal email account and your business mailbox.
6) Participate in forums relevant to your niche
It is likely that your audience uses a forum to discuss various relevant topics. Identify the forums that bring your audience together and get actively involved.
As long as it makes sense for the topic being discussed, you can include a link to your website or blog post. But beware! Avoid SPAMing and posting links unrelated to the ongoing conversation.
7) Use Google advertising
Google Ads allows you to publish ads on the Google search engine and position your brand when your potential customers search for the products or services you offer. Because the ad is only shown to users who have requested your products, this traffic is high quality..
8) Create ads on Instagram and Facebook
Both Instagram and Facebook allow you to run ads by targeting their more than a billion users by country, demographics and interests.
However, if you want to drive traffic to your website, keep this in mind when choosing the ad type Promote your website and not your social network page.
Learn how to advertise on Instagram and how to advertise on Facebook with our free courses. 😉
9) Run email marketing campaigns
You can also increase the number of visits through email marketing campaigns. You can hire an agency for this or, if you already have a subscriber base, create it yourself using tools such as MailChimp or Emblue. Of course, don’t forget to include at least one link to your website.
In any case, we encourage you to read the Keys to an Effective Email Campaign post and download the following free e-book. 🙂
Finally, as we always recommend throughout this blog, measure the traffic you generate from each source by installing Google Analytics on your website and then setting up goals and funnels to find out at what stage of your buying process your customers are leaving your website .
Start putting these tips into practice in your online store today. And if you don’t already, start selling professionally online with Tiendanube! You can try the platform for free for 30 days. 😉