Do you want to start a cell phone business? You have come to the best place. Here I am showing you how to behave in this sector, so pay close attention and take note.
Cell phone companies cover many areas. To generalize a bit, we will mention two, namely the sale of equipment as such and the sale of accessories.
As we said in a last class, you can start selling just accessories. I say this because we know that investing in selling mobile phones is expensive. So we could start with something small (accessories) and keep investing later as it grows.
That’s why in our article “cell phone and accessories sales business, start and earn money!” We only teach in the first part how to start an accessories business. Once we have that part consolidated, we can seriously think about gradually including gear sales.
That is why we created this post, because it is necessary to learn how to start a cell phone business whether you already have an accessories business or not.
How to start a cell phone business? – Let’s study
The mobile phone business is very interesting, I invite you to pay close attention. As always, let’s start talking about the method of sale, okay?
1- Select the selling method.
This is an important friend, you can sell cellphones in different ways:
- You can have an online store. This allows you to sell to people in your area and to people who are in other locations and do long-distance shipments.
- You can also have an online store, but only make it a meeting place since the customer will have to go to your store to pick up the order.
- You can buy cell phones and only offer them in your physical store. This means that the customer personally sees what you have.
- You can also combine the previous three.
Other modalities you can use are the following (ideal if you are having trouble getting the capital):
- Sale of mobile phones by order. Here the customer orders the mobile phone he wants and you get it for him. This is how you avoid buying so many goods.
- You can also sell dropshipping style. In other words, you play the role of intermediary between a supplier business and the end customer, this way you would not need much capital (search for the term dropshipping in our business lexicon).
As you can see, there are many options you have. You have to choose how you want to work, the truth is there is more than one alternative, there is no excuse not to!
2- The Venue – The Meeting Place.
If you follow us from the previous post, you don’t have much to do, it is logical that you already have your place. However, if you’re going to start selling gear directly, you’ll need to get a local one if you want a physical store. Otherwise, if you prefer an online business, your concern and preoccupation should be a website that works as an online store.
3- Where do we get the equipment from?
It’s perhaps the most important point (at least that’s how many see it) when it comes to starting a cell phone business. Well, the answer depends on the modality you choose.
- An alternative is to buy the equipment from wholesale stores.
- Another option is to use dropshipping as we have said before. Here we would have to find a good supplier. For example, we have Big Buy. Click! and you can see the equipment offered.
- You can also buy used equipment. However, the customer must be informed that he is buying a used device. In order to buy devices under these conditions, you must publish on social networks that you are interested in buying them. Surely many will come to you to offer their devices.
4- Don’t wait for the customer to come to you.
It’s not enough for the customer to know where you are. Currently there are many platforms where the customer publishes the need for a team and buys directly from the one who offers it.
The best example of these platforms are actually social media groups, with the most common being Facebook and its buy and sell groups. I’m not saying you watch who’s buying a cell phone all day, I’m saying you stop by every once in a while and if possible post your business there for anyone interested to visit.
5- Not just cell phone sales.
Well, if you’re only thinking about selling cell phones, I recommend you start selling other things related to the industry. An example can be the accessories, we have already talked about them. But you can also sell spare parts (just for example). The idea behind this is that customers have an excuse to get to know you. I’ll explain better!
It is possible that Juan already has a mobile phone and is therefore not interested in our business. However, when he needs cover, that’s why he’ll visit your store. What benefit does that bring us? that after they visit your store and buy a product, they can experience your good service, product quality and reliability.
This gives us a great advantage because when this customer wants to buy a new device, he remembers a trusted store where he was treated very well and with good quality. This is your business! You have an advantage that your competition probably doesn’t have.
6- More tips for you to build your mobile phone business.
Here are some more tips that will help you build a successful cell phone business:
- Select the best-selling devices. For this it is important that you study the market, see what is new and what is selling the most.
- If you are looking to buy wholesale equipment, rate the budgets of more than one wholesaler very highly. If you can use gift cards, offers among other things are much better.
- As in the cell phone and accessories store of the previous post, we recommend organizing raffles, offers and prizes. You can place a mobile phone accessory or a credit top-up as a prize.
- Find out about entrepreneurship. It is important that you continue to educate yourself in matters of corporate governance, resource management, etc. All of these affect your business greatly, regardless of the industry.
- Select the type of sale.
- Pay attention to the local Got it?
- Determine where you will obtain the equipment.
- Go to the customer, don’t wait for them to come to you.
- Not just cell phone sales.
If you pay close attention to these tips or steps to start a cell phone business, something good will happen! Cheer up and do it, count on us for any questions, advice or concerns 😀
Without further ado there is nothing left but to say goodbye. I hope to see you in another episode of Emprende-Fácil. A hug! Until next time!