Everyone is talking about the evolution of e-commerce in the last year and with it the forms of delivery have been sharpened to make them as efficient as possible in front of a market that demands products in the shortest possible time.
The last Online Sales Study AMVO 2021, which analyzes the attitudes of e-commerce buyers, offers us very insightful data about the most important motivators for online purchases, where 30% of shoppers value a quick and easy return process more, while another 20% value faster delivery times; two points where it directly affects shipping forms, such as: click and collect (either click&collect), gaining importance in the current scene.
US only click&collect has doubled compar of the shipping methods preferred by buyers retail tradewhich accounts for 9.1% of all online sales, showing a pattern and trend that is being repeated around the world.
But what is it click and collect?
click&collect, also known as pick upPick up in store or pick up pointis a shipping method in e-commerce that replaces the delivery (traditional delivery) by collecting the product at a point previously determined by the seller. Being a form of in-between brings many advantages for both sides:
advantages of click&collect for customers
- immediacybuyers can get their product in much shorter delivery times.
- Save on computer in the shipping costs.
- Avoid mishandling products in the transmissions inherent in it delivery traditional. The products are kept protected by the seller with the necessary conditions.
- Certainty when they will have your product. Don’t expect delays courier (Messenger) or you wait without answer.
- Shop saferwhen picking up, even from the car, without physical contact and very quickly.
- The customer has the choice between fast and uncomplicated returnIf necessary.
advantages of click&collect for providers
- You urge the customer to go to your physical store where you can cross-sell.
- Save on computer in operating costs.
- Increase the odds loyaltyhave direct customer contact.
- Conversion rates increaseby offering an additional delivery option with a much faster delivery promise.
- Decrease in the number of complaints or returns because of shipping problems.
This delivery method is particularly relevant in consumer staples (CPG) categories, where immediacy makes the difference and where the shopper cannot afford to wait the average time of a traditional courier to receive their purchases, for example.
is average A buyer can have your product in less than four hourswhich significantly reduces times compared to traditional shipping methods.
How does it work click and collect?
- The customer makes the purchase in e-commerce.
- In the process Cash (Buyer) the customer selects the pick-up point of his choice.
- The customer collects the product under the conditions specified by the seller.
How to configure click and collect in the cloud store?
If you have a tiendanube, you have two options for offering the option click&collect to your customers:
a. In your administration area in Tiendanube you have the possibility to configure a personalized delivery.
Then you have to add the payout point as you like, this way it is already available to all customers who enter your store.
two. Tiendanube has agreements with technological allies that offer a nationwide network of payout locations to allow any shopper to withdraw their purchases.
For example integrate take it You can offer your buyers more than 1,000 pickup points throughout Mexico for your business.
Don’t have your own online shop yet? Try Tiendanube for 30 days and take full advantage of our platform to boost your business, including in-store pickup or pickup as a form of delivery.
Keep in mind…
- According to statistics, these are the busiest times for shoppers to pick up products between 11 a.m. and 1 p.m With an average stay of 20 minutes, prepare the pickup point for the demand you may have.
- Always coordinate with your camp or warehouse that you have these share necessary at the time of revocation.
- You don’t have to Store the product on site collect or pickup, but consider the movement you will need to make from your warehouse to the collection center.
- Gives sight range always inform your buyers about the dates and conditions for collection.
- Verify the identity of the person picking up the purchase, avoid fraud.
click&collect is revolutionizing current e-commerce because everything is summed up immediately. Buyers are demanding their products faster and in less time, which is why it has become one of the mainstays of logistics in today’s e-commerce.
Dare to configure click & collectt in your shop? If you have any questions, write to us in the comments below and we will assist you in the process.