Today, thanks to technology, you can run your business anywhere in the world. access to Ecommerce It is available to all types and sizes of businesses.
You don’t even have to be an expert to do this Web Programming or Ecommercebecause there are already many platforms and tools that allow any type of business to set up its online store and offer products or services in a digital storefront.
On the other hand, the rates of online purchases in Mexico have increased exponentially according to the latest research Studied Electronic Commerce in Mexico by AMIPCI (Mexican Internet Association) in 2014 there was a growth of 34% compared to the previous year. According to the results of the study, 75% of Internet users surveyed have made an online purchase at least once, representing a world of more than 40 million Mexicans already engaged in e-commerce. 93% of them did so via a PC or laptop, 84% via smartphones and 57% via tablets. The same happens with other countries in the region like Brazil, Colombia or Argentina.
Buying and selling online is a reality that is becoming entrenched in Latin American culture and it’s an ideal time for your company to adopt a model of digital business for a market that is evolving year after year and adopting these buying habits.
The advantages of selling online are obvious: greater market reach, simplification of operations and 24/7 service that opens a panorama of great opportunities for SMEs that, with a relatively small investment, can immediately globalize their offer.
There are basically two ways you can approach this Ecommerce for your company. The first is through ready-made platforms and the second is closed through tools that allow you to install and customize the website you currently have or create one from scratch. The latter are more complex and require more programming knowledge.
tools for Ecommerce ready to use
These tools are ready-to-use platforms, All you have to do is rent a package, set up your website and start selling. They are very simple and do not require any programming knowledge. For those who are entering the world of digital trading, they are the best options. Some places you can visit are:
- Shopify: It is the easiest and most complete platform for new users. You can create an online store and even a Facebook store. Their templates are mobile-friendly and their cost is cheap.
- Volume: It’s also a very easy-to-use platform with very creative templates for your store and unlimited storage space for your inventory. It doesn’t have a Spanish version but the cost is very affordable, all its packages include the possibility of selling on Facebook and via mobile.
- Mercado Shops: Your shop is set up in a short time, it offers design templates and is also mobile-optimized. Its advantage is that you can integrate it with MercadoLibre to facilitate the promotion of your products. It has support in Spanish with almost all Latin American countries.
- Magento: service Ecommerce specialized in SMEs with no online sales experience. It has hosting and configuration services, design through templates, marketing tools for promotions, community engagement tools, and 24/7 support. This is one of the most popular options online, but there is no Spanish version.
tools for Ecommerce to install and customize
These tools are a bit more complex and require you to already have a website, hospitality, domain and sufficient disk space. The benefit is that you can customize your store and have greater control and flexibility in your inventory, design, and service customization processes.
- woocommerce: It’s a tool that’s very easy for WordPress platform users, since the administration is similar. It offers many options that allow you to customize your store’s design, track orders, communicate with customers and generate timely statistics on everything that happens in your online store.
- PrestaShop: A complete tool that has all the features an online store needs. It has a Spanish version and also works perfectly with WordPress websites. It’s a platform that offers you SEO tools, international trade with more than 65 languages, advertising and openness to integrations with other applications
- PayPal: This payment platform is one of the most used in the world. It’s very easy to integrate with your current website, sell in 200+ countries, accept major credit and debit cards, email payment requests, and offer monthly payments to customers. Paypal allows you to receive payments via email or directly on an existing website.
In conclusion, it seems to me that today SMEs They have great opportunities if they learn to adopt digital business models. Don’t be afraid to explore these new forms of marketing, your consumer’s habits will align with this buying pattern, don’t be left out.