On this occasion, I want to share with you 6 family business ideas that you will love. Entrepreneurship as a family is a great blessing.
And I’m not just saying that, because doing business as a family has many advantages. However, not everything is good because if we don’t know how to go about it properly, everything can turn into a total failure.
So before I share the 6 business ideas with you, I want to talk a little bit about the pros and cons of starting a business as a family.
Benefits of family businesses:
Something to note:
- We know our work team, which takes a long time when we work with strangers. But since this is our family, it is assumed that we have known them since they were born or since we can remember, so we already have a certain advantage.
- It is more likely that there will be more feelings of belonging. I say more likely because there are instances where the opposite happens. And now, as part of our entrepreneurial family, I know it’s in my best interest that everything goes well, aside from salary and bonuses. Benefits It’s our heritage!
- We spend more time with our loved ones. Because we can’t deny that sometimes the endeavor takes us a bit away from family. But if you get involved with us, we always have you with us!
- In free time, it will not bother you to talk about business. If we are celebrating on a birthday and only you are the entrepreneur, imagine going out to talk business. Many may not be interested! but if everyone is interested in entrepreneurship, it will be an ordinary conversation, they share the same taste!
And well, those are just some of the benefits, I’d like you to comment on the ones you’re considering.
Disadvantages of family businesses:
Ok, let’s continue:
- If you decide the business is purely professional, you run the risk of a lack of professionalism. Apart from the fact that all members of your family are professionals in the specific areas of the company.
- The failure of the company means a total destabilization of the family, since everything depends on him. For example, if each member had their job in different companies, this wouldn’t happen because if one loses their job, the other doesn’t necessarily have to do the same. In family businesses yes, because everyone is supported, so the risk is greater!
- Trust can become a great enemy. It may be that because they are a family, they may not mind being late, not completing a task on time, etc.
- Nowhere is it good to mix family problems with professional work. And that is very difficult when you are surrounded by family in the place where you work professionally. So conflicts like divorce, inheritance problems, family rivalries… can make a big difference.
As you will discover, all is not well, but it is nothing that cannot be controlled. When at the top is a person of authority, character… most disadvantages can be counteracted.
Well yes, today’s most anticipated hahaha family business ideas. Let’s get started!
6 business ideas for families:
Family business ideas are ideas that you can implement with the support of your family, the pros and cons of which we already knew, it’s your choice to do it!
Attention! Any business idea can be run as a family. The ones we mention in this article are the ones traditionally used by many families and others because they create the right environment to work as a family.
I’m explaining this because you might want to do a specific idea and it’s not on this list, you can still do it!
One of the most common family business ideas. The good thing is that now you don’t have to start a big restaurant, if you have the resources, do it! But if you don’t, you can start with something small.
And that’s where family power comes in, because you can start selling lunch at home and have your family members support you.
If you’re not good at cooking but love business, surely you have a mother, grandmother, sister, uncle, father… who can, so you can start talking about business!
Recommended for you: How to sell groceries at home: I’ll show you step by step #EasyGuide
Another very common family business idea. It’s a business that doesn’t require much technical knowledge, so tasks can easily be shared among family members.
As you should know, it’s more about serving the customer well, which is difficult for many, but with practice you can get your family to handle it.
Recommended for you: How to set up a clothing store First thing you need to do!
Very related to selling groceries, but I’d like to recommend it as a separate idea. It is a business that you can start with a person who knows how to bake bread, since she can teach others and the rest serve as assistants, promote others, distribute it, etc.
It’s another business idea that lends itself to family leadership.
4-kindergarten for children:
I particularly like this business idea because while it can be done by men, it’s more often done by women.
And in most families there are always women who cannot go to work because they have to look after their children. If one of these women is your mother, sister or aunt, you can ask her to earn money while taking care of her children.
They can help you with this, you can set up a crèche with their support. You can even start with a few clients at home and eventually rent a space.
Recommended for you: Child Care Professionals Excellent Deal!: Get Started with This Canvas Mockup (Step by Step)
It’s common to see in families a member I call “the mad scientist” hahaha, the one who opens, checks and ends up fixing each team. If this person continues to educate themselves, they can develop their talent and have their own repair shop.
So if there is a “mad scientist” in your family, I invite you to ask him to be your teacher and start a small business together. And if there is more interest in your family, you can integrate them as they are enlightened on the matter.
Love this, you can even do it alone, but since we’re talking about family, we can include more people, we can grow faster too!
It consists of doing mass advertising as a content agency among themselves and distributes the orders among themselves. The advantage of this business is that they don’t have to be present in one place, everything is done online, so you can connect with relatives who don’t even live with you.
Another advantage is that it is a business that requires you to have a presence on various forums, freelancer websites, etc. And the more partners, the better – without overdoing it, of course!
Recommended for you: Make Money Writing Articles: How to start my business Step by step!
Previous today’s class:
What do you think of our family business ideas and everything we’ve shared? Your comment is very important to us, so I invite you to leave it below.
I take this opportunity to invite you to subscribe to our blog to receive our newsletters. We are a team working to satisfy you, so that you do not receive SPAM, but selected content, and only once a week.
I would also like to invite you to follow us on social networks and share our content with other entrepreneurs you know. If you want to do as a family, it is logical that you invite your relatives to read us.
That’s it for now, hope to see you in one of the next episodes of Undertake-Easy. A hug! Until next time!
You might be interested in: