Every time an important draw draws near and lottery buyers flock to government offices in droves, many people consider the possibility of winning one.
What many of them ignore is this Setting up a lottery administration is not as easy as opening a clothing storea greengrocer or a cafeteria.
And it is, unlike most businesses, the opening of lottery offices depends on the statewhich distributes a limited number of licenses and requires compliance with a number of requirements in order to obtain them.
If, despite the difficulties and costs associated with opening, you are still wondering how to set up a lottery administration, read on because then we will tell you how to do it.
How to set up a lottery administration
In order to obtain a license from a lottery administration, this is required register and win a public competition.
Please note the publications in the State Gazette, the place where the dates of the individual competitions are announced, the distribution areas of new licenses and the necessary requirements for applying for one of them.
Types of Lottery Licenses
The licenses advertised can apply to three types of companies:
- integrals: Areas exclusively dedicated to the sale of National Lottery tickets and raffles organized by State Lotteries and Betting.
- Mixed: Areas where national lottery tickets and other products authorized by state lotteries and betting are sold.
- special offers: Public and/or private spaces where the Loterías y Apuestas del Estado exceptionally authorize the sale of shares.
Lottery Licensing Requirements
The fixed requirements, which never change from one call to another, are:
- to be of legal age.
- Be a resident of Spain
- Don’t work for the state or agree to quit your government job if you get it.
- They have not been convicted of falsehood or property crimes.
- Not being bankrupt or bankrupt.
- Not declared bankrupt.
- Not having relinquished ownership of an administration in the past.
- have not submitted a lottery administration license in the past.
- You must not be in possession of other government product licenses such as tobacconists, bookmakers or gas stations.
How to Apply for a Lottery Administration License
In order to be eligible to participate in the draws announced through the BOE, all required documentation must be presented at the location and date specified.
Among other documents that Submission of a bond or surety bond which will be refunded at the end of the draw.
If the same individual submits applications for more than one property, he must provide a bond or guarantee for each of his applications.
Once the deadline has passed, State Lotteries and Gambling and Advisory Commissions will proceed with awarding and will open a challenge deadline at that moment.
In order to become a creditor of the licence, the beneficiary must obtain within a maximum of three months:
- Register the tax license.
- Get the guarantee (policy and surety bond) for the allocated premises.
- Present the documents proving the fulfillment of these two points and certifying that the physical space that is to become the lottery administration has been adapted for sale in accordance with the relevant regulations.
If the beneficiary is an employee of the public administration, he must also submit the document proving the termination or leave of absence from his job.
Once all the information provided by the beneficiary has been compiled, Loterías y Apuestas del Estado will issue the inaugural license and refund the deposit paid for the awarded license before the drawing is carried out.
From this point on, the holder of the new license can act as a state lottery and gambling administration.
Your license, like the rest of lottery administration licenses, is lifetime and hereditary and gives you the right to open any web page that allows it Buy lotto online.
Buy a lottery administration license
Public tenders for lottery administration licenses are becoming increasingly rare. That’s the reason why since 2010 the purchase and sale of lottery licenses has been permitted.
Although it can seemingly vary by municipality and location of administration, the cost is per The transfer of a license is usually between 150,000 euros and one million euros.
An amount to which the buyer must add the costs related to the change of ownership (a procedure that depends on SELAE) and of course all the costs deriving from the incorporation of management.
Setting up a lottery administration is not easy, but it is not impossible either!