How to start selling on Mercamake for free? This is a question you should ask yourself if you are interested in marketing your products and services and getting maximum benefit from them Ecommerce so important in Latin America.
Currently, Mexico, Brazil, Peru, Chile and Argentina are some of the countries where e-commerce is experiencing exponential growth.
Although online sales are also accelerating in other Latin American countries. So if you live on this continent, you can benefit from it.
What is Free Market?
How do I start selling on Mercado Libre? Before answering that question, we need to explain what this globally recognized company does.
In particular, it is a multinational company dedicated to that Ecommerce in Latin America and which has more than two decades of experience.
For more than 20 years it has maintained its position in the Latin American Internet sales market.
But perhaps the most relevant aspect to know is that it gives you multiple ways to do it Start your own business.
Is it worth selling in the Mercado Libre?
Indeed, you can run a business through this platform on-line and generate significant and recurring revenue. You can sell products from different categories both locally and nationally, giving you a wide reach Ecommerce.
For example, if you live in Buenos Aires, you can market your products both in that city and throughout Argentina.
In fact, Mercado Libre was founded in the same country, more precisely in 1999. It currently also operates in the following countries:
- Brazil, Bolivia, Chile and Costa Rica.
- Colombia, Guatemala, El Salvador, Mexico, Honduras.
- Nicaragua, Panama, Peru, Paraguay, Venezuela, Uruguay and the Dominican Republic.
Its co-founder is Markus Galperinone of Hispanic digital entrepreneur that has managed to revolutionize the sector Ecommerce in Latin America.
How to start selling on Mercado Libre: 10 steps
According to a report by hubspot, Mercado Libre is one of the most important sales channels in the hemispheresince it has more than 170 million registered users.
Also in 2009 The Nielsen company reported that more than 50,000 people made “all or most” of their income from their sales from it Ecommerce.
As if that wasn’t enough, 181 million products were sold through this platform in the same year.
Since the numbers don’t lie, more and more users are interested in it make money online Thanks to the services, resources and tools offered by this website.
If you want to know how herfish too want to sell safely and effectively in the Mercado Libre, we invite you to follow these 10 steps:
1. Create a MercadoLibre account
If you live in any of the 18 Latin American countries where this is the case ecommerce, The first thing you should do is create an account.
To do this, you need to visit their website and click on “Create Account”, and then you need to register as a user or company.
If you choose the last option, you will need to provide business details, e.g. e.g.:
- trade name of your company,
- email and
- Your taxpayer registration key.
In case you are already registered on the site, you only have to request a change of ownership in user mode by clicking on your name.
Right now you can change ownership of your account (from user to company) in seconds, which is convenient and functional.
As you can see, register with Mercado Libre It’s a completely free, safe and fast process.
It literally takes no more than five minutes to become a new member of their community.
2. Select the products you want to sell
After registering, you need to perform one of the most important steps: Choose your products.
to understand how to start sellinguh in mefree market You need to be clear about what you want to market on-line. The options currently available to you are:
With the first, you can sell everything from home appliances to household, industrial, and office supplies.
In fact, the list of products that you can sell from the comfort of your own home through the Mercado Libre ecosystem is extremely extensive.
In the Vehicles category, you can sell cars, trucks, motorcycles, nautical gear, and heavy machinery.
Offer services and generate revenue online
At the same time, if you dedicate yourself to providing professional services independently, you can diversify your sales channels through Mercado Libre.
In fact, you can offer transportation services, mechanics, technology, education, IT and more.
Professionals also have a place in this digital ecosystem. Therefore you can earn money as a translatorPublicist, Graphic Designer, Accountant, Lawyer, Doctor and more.
In particular, you must select the products or services that best fit the nature of your trade, occupation, or profession. So if you have an online job, don’t forget that you can use this channel to make yourself known.
This will make it easier for you to increase sales, acquire customers, and keep your community on-line.
3. Identify your product or service concisely
If you keep wondering how it startedfor sale in the Mercado Librethis is one of the steps that you should pay more attention to.
As soon as you know them Type of product or service you want to sell, as well as their respective categories, you must clearly and concisely identify them. Identification includes:
- Define the name.
- Indicate the model and brand of the product.
- Offer detailed and accurate specifications of your product or service.
In fact, this is the order you should follow when identifying them, according to Mercado Libre’s own recommendations.
Suppose you want to sell a pair of shoes. Nike. Taking the advice of this Ecommerce You should identify them as follows: “Nike Air Max sneakers in blue with white logo.”
If you provide such specific details, MercadoLibre will automatically tell you which category your product belongs to.
The more concisely and accurately you identify and describe your product or service, the better chance you have of listing it in the right category.
4. Create effective posts
At the beginning we told you that more than 100 million users are registered in it Ecommerce in the Latin American area.
It means that The competition for the sale of any product or service through this website is deeply fierce and insatiable.
Consequently, you must design an action plan that will allow you to differentiate yourself from your competition.
One of the best ways to achieve this goal is to create high-impact posts.
Without a doubt, if you want Increase your business revenue You need to create engaging and valuable posts for your customers.
How to create impactful posts
Here are some key recommendations to follow to help your posts drive repeat conversions:
1. Make sure you title all your posts correctly. Let the format guide you “Product + Brand + Model”.
You can research the keywords related to your product as well as those used by your competition Improve the positioning of your publications.
2. Do not duplicate data such as color or size of the product. This type of action damages your position.
3. Properly categorize your products. To do this, you need to understand how your buyers search for the products you offer.
4. Use high quality photos. Ideally, the first photo of your product should have a white background and no shadows. They should also have no texts or watermarks.
5. Collect available inventory. Let your customers know how many products you have in stock.
6. Fill in the technical sheet correctly. This includes the technical details of the product (size, brand, model, color, etc.) as well as the universal code that identifies it.
7. Your prices must be competitive. Check the possibility of offering discounts or attractive offers to increase the reach of your publications.
8. Offer free shipping. This is how your posts get the badge “Free Shipping” and will stand out in the search results.
5. Choose your post type
At this point in the process approx how did i starttsar to comethe one in the Mercado Libreyou can choose one of these three options:
- Free: In this case, there is no front-end fee for your publication, it has a term of 60 days and a low circulation.
- Classic: A classic publication has a sales fee that varies from country to country, unlimited duration and high visibility.
- Bonus: It also has an associated fee, unlimited duration, and maximum exposure.
6. Improve the performance of your posts
Mercado Libre puts various resources and tools at your disposal to optimize your publications and increase your sales.
One of them is the bulk editor. Thanks to this, you can change the properties of your releases from a single screen.
For example, if you need to change titles, prices, or descriptions, you don’t have to make the changes individually. (You can do this simultaneously and from a single table).
To access this digital tool you must click on “My Account”, then “Sales”, “Publications” and finally clean “Modify Massively”.
It’s also important to pay attention to the quality indicator, as it’s designed to improve the performance of your posts.
The more indicators your publication meets, the higher its quality percentage will be. This will increase reach and attractiveness.
7. Provide a great shopping experience
If you want to know how to start selling on Mercac free not bEnough with the explanation of the technical steps.
You also have to engage with others crucial aspects of the saleas would be the case with the shopping experience.
There are several strategies to be successful with this mission. Some are more complex than others, but believe it or not, the small details can make a big difference.
That’s why we invite you to answer questions as quickly as possible, call your customers by name, be friendly and polite, and most importantly, address your customers’ concerns with valuable information.
When your customer service system is optimal, it can have a very positive impact on the shopping experience.
And this, in turn, could lead to higher customer retention and ultimately a higher number of sales or conversions.
8. Earn a spot in the Mercado Libre catalogue
Right now you can apply to become the top seller of the product you are offering in this listing Ecommerce.
To get first place on the list, you need to offer better pricing, sales, and buying experience terms.
This new way of selling could increase your sales and dramatically increase your profit margin.
If you are a winner Mercado Libre shows the catalog products first in the list of publications. So the range of your products will be powerful and massive.
9. Work to become a MercadoLíder
When you get a reputation from market leader Your products will enjoy exceptional positioning.
For that, your sales experiences need to be impeccable and sublime, and they also need to be consistent and in quantity.
10. Take care of your reputation as a seller
The green reputation in the Mercado Libre is not easy to earn, let alone maintain. But if you make sure to reach it and take care of it, your profits as a seller will be doubled.
Some goals to keep in mind to keep your reputation intact are:
- Avoid complaints from your customers.
- Send the products in less than 24 hours.
- Avoid canceling sales.
How much does Mercado Libre charge to sell?
The price of publications in the Mercado Libre varies from country to country. In the case of Argentina, the commission for creating classic publications is 13% of each sale.
As long as the prices of the products are at least 3,500 Argentine pesos (about $28).
For premium releases, the commission is 28%, in both cases the seller has to pay a percentage of the amount for shipping. (This depends on the color of your reputation.)
In Colombia, the percentages range from 9% to 20%, depending on a few important factors, such as:
- Type of publication (classic or premium).
- product category.
Therefore, if you want to know the current percentages and rates that you must accept as a Mercado Libre seller, you must consult the information related to your country.
Recommendations to increase your sales
These are some general recommendations that could help you increase your sales and improve your reputation with Mercado Libre:
1. Create engaging and effective posts.
2. Update your posts as needed.
3. Share product photos that look aesthetic and eye-catching.
4. Avoid purchase cancellations and complaints.
5. Pay attention to your delivery times.
6. Offer competitive prices.
7. Manage your sales professionally.
8. Provide excellent customer service.
9. Improve the shopping experience.
10. Respond quickly and efficiently to customer inquiries (both before and after a sale).
11. Use some services of this company, such as complete mail order market, either Market Ads (The latter amplifies your posts with paid ads.)
12. Manage a Load on-line (market shops) to increase your sales.
Manage your own business in Mercado Librand:
In just 10 steps we explain how to get startedto sellin Mercado Libre in an organized and effective manner.
But perhaps the most important thing to remember is this Ecommerce offers you the opportunity to start your own scalable and successful business.
In summary, if you live in Latin America and are interested in capitalizing on the rise of e-commerce, you should join the seller community as soon as possible.
Continue reading: How to sell online in five steps if you have no experience