Would you like to learn how to sell groceries at home? Here I show you step by step, with details and examples, how to model your grocery store!
This is the sequel to our article, Selling Groceries at Home: I’ll show you step-by-step #EasyGuide. You can find it at the following link:
How to sell groceries at home. #EasyGuide.
I recommend you read it, but I’ll tell you a little bit about what we did there:
- We researched the market to find out if it’s profitable to sell groceries at home. This is important for every company! It was going very well for us and we came to the conclusion that we are fine. It’s a good deal!
- We discovered a tool that would help us organize our ideas: the canvas mockup!
- We start developing our canvas mockup. We learned to give value to our proposal to make it more eye-catching.
This is what our canvas model looked like:
However, there are still many gaps to be filled before we complete all of the following:
How to sell groceries at home: I’ll show you step by step (PART II) #EasyGuide
As you will notice, many are missing. So let’s not lose any time and continue to work detail by detail, let’s get to know our customers!
Module #2: Customers – How to sell groceries at home
This module was created to define the ideal customer. That’s our goal. If we sold car parts, we couldn’t offer our product to people without cars, right?
This is exactly what this module is about. We need to identify what kind of people we want and we need to sell them so we can reach them more easily! Let’s start with the example!
Our grocery delivery business caters to:
- Gender: men and women.
- Age: between 18 and 60 years (We do not work with children or the elderly)
- Geographic location: within our city or near places. (Remember that we are the ones who will distribute the food)
- Weight: body mass greater than 25, as from that point it is considered overweight and then obese. To get this value, simply divide your weight by your height squared.
See how our canvas looks!
Let’s look at this segmentation first, later we can see if it’s better for us to only work with obese people or with people who are overweight but not obese. It’s about finding the ideal customer.
Module #3: How to Reach the Customer – Distribution Channel.
In this module we try to answer: How do I reach my customers? As you can see, it is very important that your business is successful because it communicates us with our buyers.
Here they have all kinds of channels, whether physical or online, the latter is very powerful.
For our business we will use more than one channel, we will use physical channels (offline) and online.
How to sell groceries at home with Offline Media?
Our physical channel will consist of our home restaurant, which we will place in a strategic location, ideally a location in the center of a city! Why?
Because it would make it easier for us to transport the orders. Imagine you are in the last corner of our city and the order comes from the other side – better right in the middle!
In this sense, it is important that the appearance of our company is very attractive, because there are simply two very important dates:
- Food companies generally use image to attract customers. That’s their strength! Place a poster with a provocative and very large sign and I assure you that everyone will look and learn about your services.
- The majority of people who suffer from obesity feel a rejection of diets because they are “tasteless”. If we present the image of a dish that looks like good taste, they will feel like they are dreaming.Diet and good taste combined! You will surely catch his attention
It is also advisable to place posters in places where our customers are:
- Park where they jog and exercise.
We can also deliver brochures to these places – and not just to the overweight! Remember that you can also reach them through relatives, friends…
You might see a girl with nice curves! but maybe she knows someone who is overweight. It’s a matter of organisation, let’s say for example I distribute 50% of the brochures to visible overweight people and the rest to everyone!
How to sell groceries at home with online media?
Regarding the online medium, we will use social networks and create our own website and blog that will fulfill the following functions:
- Blog: We will talk about delicious dishes, we will also share cooking tips, recipes, etc.
- Web: We share the recipes and foods that we have available for the customer.
Many wonder why a blog when I already have a website?
To understand this better, put yourself in the customer’s shoes: Suppose you want to buy groceries at home, you search on Google and you get two types of results:
1-You get a company that just has a static website and just offers their services, period.
2-You come across a company that, in addition to a website, also offers you a blog where you can find tons of content on “Secrets to lose weight”, “Healthy eating”, etc.
What would be more reliable at first glance? Obviously number two! because they show you through content that they have knowledge of the area.
That’s why it’s also very important to be present on social networks, because it brings us two great advantages:
These advantages are:
- Distribution: We can reach more people when we share our content.
- Support: To explain this, I’ll give you my example: if I want to hire a person for any activity (writing, posting on social networks, etc.) and I find them through a blog, I first look for their Facebook profiles and other networks . There I will be able to learn a lot if you often devote yourself to what you say in your blog! When other clients have picked up your good work!… Even if you are a professional, it is safest that you maintain good order and complete structure, which includes a presence in this media.
On the other hand, for the success of our online sites, we will pay “advertisements” campaigns and strive to position ourselves in Internet search engines. Digital marketing is very powerful!
How well! We already have a good plan to attract customers:
- A proposal that makes him fall in love.
- Define very well who we want to fall in love with.
- The means by which we attract these customers.
But that’s not all in our guide to selling groceries at home.
If we use this very well, we will certainly have good customers, but there is more to come. It is not just about having customers, but also taking care of them and making them prefer you more and every day to come back!
The next module “Relationship with the customer” is there for this. But we will explain it in our third part with the missing modules. You can’t miss it!
How do I set up my grocery store? Step by step (Part III).
Finally, if you want to learn more about the application of the CANVAS model in food companies, I suggest the following post: The Canvas: Business Model for Food Companies.
Thank you for reading us.
Until next time!