Indiscipline – There are two types of people, those who are successful and those who are not. Unfortunately, the latter has more members and the main cause is indiscipline.
When we look at the lives of unsuccessful people, we can see a pattern that everyone has to some degree. And it’s not exactly that they don’t do anything, it’s that they break out of the (often self-imposed) pattern of success. And that has no other name than indiscipline.
What is indiscipline?
It is the term used to refer to a lack of discipline or a breach of the rules set out for discipline. Let’s remember that discipline is following rules (in short) necessary to regulate behavior and achieve a goal (success).
Logically, since there is no discipline, it will be impossible to succeed, since it is necessary to follow the rules outlined.
At the moment we cannot say that there are more successful people than others because some are committed and some are not. Because although this is one of the reasons, we cannot deny that entrepreneurship has even become a fashion.
Almost everyone has discovered this wonderful effect and is trying to use it. Where is the Problem?
Indiscipline is the problem Great Evil!
Worst of all evils, indiscipline is the inability we as human beings can have to control our impulses, desires… to do “something” that is against the rules.
Attention here! Having these impulses to break the rules doesn’t make you undisciplined. Not controlling them, letting go, and breaking the rules makes you look like a person without discipline.
The problem with entrepreneurship is that following the rules is necessary for success. And I’m not talking about rules that a third party imposes on the entrepreneur. But rules that he sets up himself in order to be successful.
And that’s where I think the problem lies. Insofar as “it is not mandatory” to comply with them because no authority will fine you. But the one who can sanction you is yourself. This reassures us and allows us to do what we please (we are late for work, we postpone today’s tasks to another day, we spend money on other things, etc .).
So we can say that you find it easier to be undisciplined when you are independent. You don’t seem to have any consequences. But really yes, and it is the failure of your projects as an entrepreneur.
How do I know if I don’t have discipline?
Undisciplined people typically:
- You’re late.
- They don’t finish tasks, they don’t even start them.
- Everything distracts him.
- It is based more on emotion than reason.
- They ignore advice, orders…
In addition to other characteristics that lead to the fact that what was planned is not adhered to, even by itself.
Why am I not disciplined?
There are many reasons why you can suffer from indiscipline. Here I share some:
- You don’t understand the rules. We cannot deny that many do not follow the rules because they do not understand them. In your case as an entrepreneur, you may not be completely clear about your goals, plans and strategies.
- You are not qualified to comply with the proposal or you are exaggerating in what you are proposing. There’s another reason. Well, you may need to get some accounts fully today. But simply your ability is not enough for you. Or worse, you have suggested something impossible to achieve. This makes you look like someone who is not doing their job.
- There is a lot of clutter in your life. Although there are people who simply say: “I’m not doing this because I don’t want to”. There are others who don’t want that. In fact, they have such chaotic lives that they don’t even realize what they’re not doing.
- You have trouble concentrating. Closely related to capacity. There are people who just have a hard time focus in what they have to do that complying with a policy is an ordeal.
- Idleness. The most common reason. They just don’t want to exert themselves and prefer to rest or do other things that are more comfortable and “satisfying”.
To solve this I recommend you:
- Make sure you have a very good understanding of what you need to achieve. Design clear strategies with equally clear goals.
- Don’t set up impossible things to accomplish. And if it is necessary to raise them, but you see that you will not be able to delegate the fulfillment to someone else!
- Organize your time and your life better. Make time to get some things done in your personal life so you can work with less stress.
- Consult a professional who will help you with concentration problems. Surely they point out medicines that will help you, as well as certain exercises.
- Work on your own domain, be encouraged and passionate… only then can you sell your laziness.
These are my tips that are sure to help you live a more disciplined life. Above all, I recommend that you take our Start Here!
That’s all now…
…and knowing that indiscipline will lead you to failure and being one of many, what will you do? It’s time you take things seriously and stop being the person who starts things and never finishes them.
It’s time to be an entrepreneur who not only starts but also finishes each of the things that he proposes. Without further ado, I can only say goodbye and wish you every success. See you next time!