That business relationships between China and Latin America are getting closer by the day. This year thanks to the new agreement signed with Costa Rica and China’s investment projects in Latin America in the coming years to increase its presence in the region; They promise further intensification of negotiations between the two regions.
Carlos Rojas Magnon, architect of trade between China and Latin America, with more than 40 years of negotiation experience; shared Forbes some tips to be successful negotiate with the Chinese.
Tips for negotiating with the Chinese
1. Tangerine: Knowing your language shows respect. It is not necessary to speak Mandarin perfectly, but it is important to know a few basic phrases.
2. Formality: The Chinese are very formal, it is important to be able to follow their protocols at meetings.
3rd Vision: Demonstrating vision and planning is important to them. Projects must have visible and achievable time proposals.
4. Product knowledge: For the Chinese it is very important that the retailer knows EVERYTHING about his product.
5. Company visit: Chinese businessmen appreciate being able to visit your company several times. It is important that you have it in your budget business plan a section for it.
6. Personal meetings: For Chinese entrepreneurs, communications technology cannot replace the real world; For this reason, personal encounters are very important to them.