Wondering how to motivate employees? I could give you about 10, 20, 30… and even 100 pieces of advice. However, I just want to focus on one thing. And I’m sure it will be as effective as applying 100 Motivation Tips. So pay attention and let’s go!
As leaders, we make a lot of mistakes, and that’s what puts pressure on our team the right motivation. An example is salary Work to get paid!. Or we can go even further and become employee of the month! And I’m not saying that’s wrong, but if we do this and forget the right motivation, the team’s performance will be lower or less enjoyable.
But what motivation am I talking about? read on, because then you will know. And I assure you that if you follow our advice, with a good working team, you can achieve the success you want.
How to motivate employees
There may be many things that motivate the employee, but the right motivation and the one that we recommend you implement in your work team is the desire to work! “Really?…” Yes my friend, that’s right. You must do everything in your power to make the worker feel that desire to work, that passion to do it… even if it doesn’t bring any benefit.
The mistake of many leaders…
… is that we focus all our energies on making the team do the work, when in fact our energies should be focused on making our employee fall in love with their duty. My friend, if you enjoy doing something, there is no one stopping you because it comes from you and you will do it at all costs. So let’s not continue to make the mistake of coercing or blackmailing our team, let’s do it passionately about your industry.
If the blackmail is that you are going to fire him, the employee will not go to work as soon as he feels a headache. Why? because it’s just justified and you can’t fire him. On the other hand, if he really loves and enjoys doing what he is doing, he may have pain all over his body, but he will want to go to work. He’ll even make a problem lol because in extreme case you have to convince him to rest 😀 But these are the people we need.
There are those who are already in love …
…but there are others we must fall in love with. And if you have a large work team, surely you know that I am right, there is never a lack of someone who is extremely responsible because they love what they do. However, there are others who are there out of necessity and feel compelled. You have to fall in love with the latter. Our job is to get them to do what they need to do.
One piece of advice to keep you from romance hahaha, make sure when you hire a new employee they genuinely have passion for what they are doing. Just as skill and experience are necessary, passion must also be a requirement!
Tips to increase the passion of your employees
Well, in short, that was the only piece of advice that responded to employee motivation: you have to make your employees want to work because they are passionate about what they do! Here are some tips to help you achieve that:
- Ask people who are passionate about this work what they like best about this job. Make a list of these benefits.
- Show your employees the fun and benefit of this work. It is very likely that there is something on this list that will also make you want to be more passionate.
- Fall in love with him personally. You could give your 10 employees a conference. But nothing beats a face-to-face conversation with each of them. Personally, the motivation is greater.
- Do a poll or quiz where you can find out if he would accept a job change for a few bucks and nothing more. The speed of his decision will tell you how passionate he is. I recommend doing this before implementing the list.
- If there’s one thing that doesn’t make you passionate about something, it’s fear. Put simply, you can’t fall in love with someone you fear. This is what happens with employees, if they are afraid of something related to their work (the task itself, colleagues, location, etc.) they will not be able to fall in love. So I invite you to recognize these fears and fight against them.
If you apply these tips, I know you will achieve many things. And other indications that the employee does not know that “wanting” is an essential requirement. As he will tell you that he is very passionate even when he is not. So be very careful with this entrepreneurial friend.
How to motivate employees Don’t just follow this advice!
As I told you, this advice is the most important. That doesn’t mean, however, that you should ignore other tips that can help motivate your employees. All I ask is that you take your time to make the person fall in love with their activities, as this will give you very good results. I am 100% sure!
I know it’s difficult for many because we come with the mentality of being the authority, the one in charge, the one who says what he says… but we still have time to change our mentality and consequently our behavior .
Without further ado, I can only invite you to continue learning with us, leave your comments… and of course follow us on social media. Without further ado, all I can do is say goodbye and wish you every success.
Until next time!