Every entrepreneur needs to know how to sell their product or service. A very important step in the selling process is to put yourself in the shoes of the person who is going to buy. Understand customers what they want and expect. As customers we expect our needs to be met and as entrepreneurs we must be willing to meet expectations.
It’s not easy to be a good salesman. The one who makes the sales process a pleasant experience for the customer is considered an excellent salesperson and it is key for a company to have a good team of salespeople because in many cases the customer prefers you because of the good treatment they give he has received.
If you’re struggling with your sales team and are considered customer anxiety, watch this video to learn strategies to understand the customer:
Importance of understanding the customer
The application of strategies to understand the customer in the sales process (prospecting, sale and post-sale) allows you to obtain valuable information in order not only to guide him in his purchase, but also to give him suggestions and comments to improve the service can contribute and the product. .
If you do a good follow-up, you can also observe the changes that the market experiences as well as the tastes and preferences of the customers have.
The role of the seller in understanding the customer
Every sale has a process ranging from prospecting to the selling process. And the seller is always present and in direct contact with the customer; That makes it a major player in the offline sales channel. That is why you should study all the information that will be useful to you and will support the sales process.
If you want to have a good salesperson on your team, make sure:
Know the company and the product
To the extent that the seller knows the company and the product, they can provide better service. This gives you an advantage because while you understand the customer, you know what product to offer to meet their needs directly.
Listen to customer service
There is no better strategy to understand the customer than to listen to them. As you speak, verbally and non-verbally, you are providing the seller with valuable information that they can use to guide their purchase. Also, listening makes him feel important.
live the present
Many sellers make the mistake of anticipating future sales without completing the first one. The client feels overwhelmed and under pressure. It’s as if you don’t feel like a human, but like a hiking map.
Strategies to understand the customer
- Apply surveys: Surveys are powerful tools to get customer information. You can hire an external entity to conduct the study, but I recommend using the platforms available on the internet. At the end I leave you a link so that you can learn a little more about this topic.
- Segment your market: It’s a way to segment your customers based on common characteristics, such as: E.g.: socio-demographic, socio-economic elements, etc.
- That the sales team uses the same language: All salespeople must have a sales pitch to communicate with the customer.
- Consider the suggestions and recommendations.
- Collect your customers’ personal information to communicate by any means possible.
- Use the crms for customer monitoring: you can compare and analyze them to create campaigns, offers and communication strategies.
- Use the empathy card: It’s a technique that helps you plan your strategies through the eyes of the customer.
[Tweet “El buen servicio logra múltiples ventas. Si atiendes bien a tus clientes, no te soltarán”]
Check out a model of the Empathy Map:
If you need help with marketing or organizing the key activities of your new business, we will help you to overcome it and improve.
Remember that your customers can give you much more than money to buy your products and services. Understanding the customer gives you valuable information to grow and improve your business. Don’t waste it!
If you got here, you can read on: