Successful companies are the inspiration for many entrepreneurs today. However, comparing ourselves to the likes of Mc Donald’s, Google, Facebook and others is usually a little daunting.
And they have so much to believe that given the situation we are in today, it is possible to be like them. It seems kind of crazy. That’s why I want to share 3 short stories of entrepreneurs who have achieved success and continue to grow today. Besides these stories, there are some other tips that we should follow from these models to get closer to success.
Successful Businesses: How Real Are They?
We have to be honest and the non-compliance percentage is very high. In case you didn’t know, between 70% and 80% of startups fail every year. This undoubtedly gives between 20% and 30% of companies hope for success.
While it is a reality, however, it cannot be numbers that lower your confidence and turn off your passion. As these statistics are linked to a number of reasons that have caused these ventures to fail.
We could talk about specific reasons, but there are many, for example mba.americaeconomy.com
gives us some reasons according to The Failure Institute’s Global Failure Index 1:
- Inadequate means of survival.
- Missing analysis processes
- lack of indicators.
- Very bad planning
- Bad organizational structure
- bad time management
- problems between shareholders etc.
In other words, if we think about avoiding the same mistakes, we’re more likely to be part of that 20 or 30% with successful companies. If you take into account the advice of entrepreneurs, the percentage of success will also increase. Why am I showing you all this?
Because I don’t want you to get discouraged, and understand that if there are those who have succeeded, we shouldn’t just see everyone around us failing. We just have to be diligent, learn, not make the same mistakes and follow good examples. As for the last tip, I will share 3 good models with you.
Advising entrepreneurs with successful companies
Below I will show you some examples of entrepreneurs like you and me who have been successful. Seeing their work, we can draw conclusions that serve as advice and inspiration for new entrepreneurs. And they are all over the world, this time our models are from Mexico, Colombia and Spain:
1- «Vegetable Love» more than 30,000 followers
I want to start with a fairly common business idea among new entrepreneurs. I’m not here to talk about a big platform. Much less than a last-generation technological invention. But from “Amor vegetal”, a small Mexican decoration shop that only exists on the Internet FacebookInstagram, Tumblr and Twitter.
In other words, it doesn’t even have a website with a buy and sell system, and it has been successful. Eye! I’m not saying that having your website isn’t important, I just want you to see that people like you can grow and thrive no matter the limitations.
“Gemüseliebe” is the name of the small company that can now say that it has more than 30,000 followers on its fan page. Maribel Estrada and Danny Arroyo are their entrepreneurs, and if there’s anything we can learn from them, it’s:
- Take what pleases us.
- Don’t abandon our passion.
- And present it eccentrically.
It was what they did, for them plants are wonders so they took it and created pots with an eccentric twist to decorate interiors. A large percentage of companies that fail is because they weren’t innovative and different, making them easy to give in to their competition.
So: What are you burning for? Is there a way to present it in a different, weird and flashy way? Think for a moment and you will come up with a great idea.
2-The Biz Nation and its unusual advice
The Biz Nation is a very successful platform originating in Colombia. It offers very practical courses in various areas. Its founders were Karen, Daniela and Sthepani Carvajalino who, with slightly different advice than we are used to, say they have succeeded.
I mean, they say you don’t have to do anything new to be successful. But they make it clear that while it’s nothing new, there’s a need to do better. They not only focused on the product difference, but also on the connection with the customer, which made them better than the competition.
And a clear example is that they were selling chocolate when they were only 6, 7 and 8 years old, something very common (chocolate). Customers! As they attest, they bonded beyond chocolate.
And it’s something they have kept with The Biz Nation, we can say that they are entrepreneurs who already travel the world and have very ambitious goals but without losing their principles (passion, doing your best, connection with the customer , respect and strength ).
So: If you have an idea that is perhaps very common, how does the competition fail to offer you something better? Think and do, excellence like The Biz Nation can lead you to success.
3-Goi and the numerous pieces of advice from his entrepreneur
Goi is a logistics company specialized in the transport of bulky goods throughout Spain. Well, the mastermind behind this successful business is none other than Yaiza Canosa. Who is she?
She is a young entrepreneur who entered the business world at the age of 16 and continued to do so over the years until she founded what is now known as Goi.
Goi has solved many problems in the bulky goods transport industry.
With the application of its technology, it has managed to organize the sector thanks to the fact that it allows the carrier to easily connect with its customer, saving a lot of costs.
Beyond the delivery, they help the customer to solve assembly and installation problems – a miracle that works nationwide! And is it successful?
Of course, yes, because his customers are companies the size of IKEA, of which there are currently more than 20. And now, as for his advice, we can paraphrase the following:
- We must always have a good attitude. She is an example of business ideas that are no longer profitable, but this does not mean that she is no longer an entrepreneur, but continues to search for success.
- You have to surround yourself with the right people.
- Although passion is important, so is skill. So friend and friend who visits us, training never hurts.
- A good sense of business opportunities will help you increase the likelihood of success.
So: What do the people around you bring with them? It’s time to change some relationships and get in touch with people who can help you; Improve your attitude and invest in your education, skills and make sure the business idea is really a good opportunity!
- Comparing yourself to big franchises might not really be a way to get inspired. However, there are entrepreneurs of your caliber who have succeeded and are showing that it can be done, even though the percentage of new business failures exceeds 70%.
- That more than 70% of ventures fail is due to various reasons that we can achieve success if we avoid them, so don’t get discouraged!
- “Vegetable Love” is a clear example that simplicity can thrive as long as the product we offer is rare and eye-catching. It shows that when we print passion and rarity, we can grow bit by bit.
- While unusual, The Biz Nation’s advice is spot on when it says that as long as we’re the best, we don’t necessarily need anything new to succeed. His advice is to be excellent, to be the best!
- Goi is the result of a number of traits in her entrepreneur: good attitude, surrounding yourself with the right people, using skills, having a flair for opportunity.
Do you dare heed the advice of these entrepreneurs and their successful businesses? If so, congratulations!
Many achievements, waiting for your comments. A hug and see you next time!