free market is the site of retail trade (i.e. for buying and selling products and services) most visited in Latin America. While it initially focused on individual sellers using the platform to get rid of something they no longer needed for a few years It is a large virtual showcase of small and medium-sized companies, professionals of all kinds and also big brands.
In this article, we’re going to briefly review MercadoLibre’s main features and tell you why it’s a great complementary tool to sell online like a pro. Let us begin!
How do I register with MercadoLibre?
Becoming a Mercado Libre user is very simple: you just have to go to the website, click on the “Create an account” option and fill in some details.
If you have a brand that is expected to expand further in the short term, you might want to consider the option of registering as a business by going to ‘Create Business Account’ (you can find this option in the same ‘Create Account “). Side).
How does the Mercado Libre rating system work?
The rating system is the way the platform measures your reputation, that is, the place you hold in the sellers’ ranking. And it is represented by the following colors:
To check your reputation, you can go to My Account > ‘Call’.
What does Mercado Libre look for to calculate my reputation?
Mercado Libre calculates your reputation based on the experience you provide to your buyers. So when you reach your first 10 sales, you will consider the following variables to calculate:
- Sale with buyer claims: To get the green rating, your sales must have claims may not exceed 2% of total sales.
- Time to deliver your products to the post office: In order to get the green rating, your orders will be shipped with a delay account for no more than 15% of total sales. When you use Mercado Envios, MercadoLibre compares your time to that of sellers in each category. If you send it within 24 business hours, it will never damage your reputation.
- Cancellations by the seller: To calculate this variable, the platform takes as reference all sales that you cancel and that have not received a claim. To be a green rated seller, You cannot void more than 4% of your sales.
What reference times does Mercado Libre use to calculate this reputation?
To calculate your reputation, the platform takes into account the total sales you made in the last 3 months plus the days of the current month. If this amount does not reach 50, they take the total sales for the last 5 years.
Some exceptions to measuring reputation
Claims made if:
- The buyer regrets the purchase.
- The buyer wants to change their product from the categories car parts either clothing, bags and shoes for a different size or model.
Time to deliver products
To calculate this variable, Mercado Libre does not consider the sales you make in the arts and crafts categories, sales of wedding rings, or personalized toy sets.
Mercado Libre does not count sales that have been canceled because the buyer changed their mind.
How much does it cost to publish and sell on Mercado Libre?
There are different prices which you can pay to publish and sell your product on the platform.
Although you have the opportunity to do it for free, this will be a short release with less attention, so it will probably be very difficult to stand out from the large number of Mercado Libre products.
That’s why, We encourage you to choose the publication that best suits your budget (free, classic or premium) and the characteristics of the item you are selling. For example, if it’s a much-needed product like a cell phone or camera, you’ll probably have to invest less money than for more exotic or less sought-after products.
Posting on Mercado Libre gives you the opportunity to show your products to a large audience. The more successful transactions you make, the more positive reviews you will add and you will improve your reputation on the site.
And if you already have an e-commerce, you can integrate it through Mercado Libre AnyMarket. In this way you centralize and synchronize all the operations of your online store on a single platform, making it easier to manage your business!