The term ‘on the cloud‘ is a new model for delivering Internet-accessed and Internet-delivered business and technology services. outsourcingg (outsourcing) acc IEEE computer society.
It seems like a very interesting option for small and medium-sized companies in Latin America. According to him National Institute for Standards and Technology (NIST) Cloud computing is “a model that makes it possible Access on request and over the network to a Set of shared and configurable resourcesbe it networks, servers, applications or services that can be quickly allocated and released with minimal management effort by the service provider.”
There are 3 types of models that can be uploaded to the cloud:
- Public Clouds: They are managed by third parties and have mixed many different clients in one place which can be on their servers, storage systems and other infrastructure.
- Private Clouds: It is a service offered by companies that seek high security of their data, and only one client controls which applications are used and which users are authorized to use the platform.
- Hybrid clouds: They combine the previous two models and in these the customer owns one part and shares another, being in control of everything.
An SMB using the cloud may have done so Access to a variety of content archived on one platform and quickly and easily accessible for every authorized user access applications, content, data and others from your computer.
This service used to be accessible only to large companies due to its cost, but now an SME can use this platform, which will make this possible save costs in resources and infrastructure, Maximize effort and time its procedures and processes.
Other benefits and advantages of using the cloud for an SME:
- I know reduces the administrative and operational burden applications, infrastructure and users, to the technical staff and specialist teams working in these functions.
- Can be implemented quickly new and innovative strategies of business to a lowest cost.
- I know streamline processes and customer service, increasing quality.
- may be eliminate repetitive processes through automation, which is related to reducing the workload of users.
- As a cloud service operating on highly available platforms, it benefits from problems atechnical support and from security by specialist staff.
For an SME that generally does not have the technological infrastructure, the option of this type of service is very convenient as it allows them to access platforms that they otherwise would not be able to access. However, there are a few considerations to keep in mind:
- The shift to cloud services is not immediate. It is a process that takes and requires time internal work.
- Not everything can be uploaded to the cloud. There is processes that they should remain so managed locally B. for control or security reasons, it is necessary to recognize which business areas you want to expand and which to leave.
- Choose a platformwhether paid or free, which adapts as much as possible to the needs and requirements of the company.
- configuration security protocols of the information contained in the cloud.
- know and establish Business Continuity Protocols in the event of technical failures that may affect the company’s information hosted in the cloud.
It is really important that SMEs in Latin America move their business and infrastructure to the cloud. It’s a technology that offers many advantages and makes them more competitive in the global context.