The happy ending is near and this season Profeco will be on the lookout for promotions that give shoppers attention, offer advice and help with product comparisons, and take complaints and claims to support consumers.
If you want to know more about the Good End, Profeco and the recommendations this government agency is putting out in these days of discounts, read on as here I tell you about the support for consumers and the various initiatives the Federal Consumer Protection Agency has available . . Accompany me! 😀
How to compare prices to Profeco in El Buen Fin?
There are several ways to compare prices before El Buen Fin arrives. Here I will show you three alternatives that you can use. The first is the manual version. Let’s go step by step:
- Select the item you would like to purchase.
- Look for it in different stores and note the different prices you find it at.
- Keep an eye on the prices and register if there are deviations from week to week.
✨ TIP: You can do this follow-up weekly or fortnightly. This way you can see if there is a real discount before the good end.
The next alternative is via the Keepa Chrome extension. When you buy an item on Amazon and want to track price fluctuations, this extension does it for you automatically. You don’t need an account to use it, moreover it has a Spanish version and supports the Amazon version in Mexico. It’s totally free, you just have to download it and activate it in your browser to use it and track the items you want to buy. You have to choose the items you want to track, you can even do this with the items on your Wishlist if you have any.
The last alternative is through the site “Who’s Who in El Buen Fin 2021 Awards”. With this tool you can check the prices of hundreds of products, especially screens, gadgets and travel packages, while following the sales trends over the past few years. At the moment the site is not yet available, but will be activated a month before the launch of El Buen Fin.
Profeco recommendations for The Good End
In response to the needs of buyers and businesses, the Federal Office for Consumer Protection has a set of recommendations to provide users with security and strengthen intelligent consumption and shopping. Here I leave you Profeco’s recommendations for El Buen Fin.
Profeco tips for buyers 🛒
- Always shop informed.
- Make a budget before you buy.
- Create a needs list and prioritize your purchases based on that.
- Compare prices whenever you can.
- View offers and promotions before you buy a product.
- Check item availability before purchasing.
- Check the terms and conditions as well as the shipping costs.
- Request your tickets, invoices or proof of purchase or payment and keep them in a safe place.
- Check the warranties of the item you are buying before making the payment. Make sure you get the stamp covering the return of the item if you need it.
- Check the exchange and/or return policy and validity to exercise your right.
Propheco’s tips for shops 💼
- Provide accurate, clear, truthful and verifiable information about your prizes and promotions.
- Note the displayed prices as well as the offers and discounts.
- Clearly state the payment methods and the total amounts to be paid.
- Avoid selling out-of-stock or low-availability products. You can add the “while supplies last” legend to be more specific.
- Always present proof of purchase.
- Avoid falling for deceptive advertisements.
- See terms and conditions and policies for changes or returns.
- Don’t fall for discriminatory practices when selling goods and services.
- Include your physical address, phone numbers, and service channels for complaints or clarifications about the sales made.
- Be clear about your company’s terms and conditions and avoid misleading business practices.
What to do if a Good End promotion is not followed?
During El Buen Fin, Profeco looks out for abuse by establishments that do not respect advertised prices or promotions. If you find yourself in such a situation, you should follow the steps below:
1. Gather evidence of the situation
You can take a photo of the store’s promotion or promise and the excise slip that demonstrates the company’s non-compliance.
2. Use the Profeco channels to do your clarification
- You can use social networks such as B. the page of Official Facebook of Profeco Hi Twitter account.
- If you require telephone assistance, you can contact the telephone numbers: 5625 6700 in Mexico City and 01 (800) 468 8722 from inside the Republic.
- There is also the possibility of sending a WhatsApp to the numbers 55 80 78 88, 55 80 78 04 85 and 55 80 78 03 44.
- You can access the Concilianet platform and register your clarification online.
- If you want to do it in person, you can go to the service modules that are available at airports and shopping malls.
On top of everything, Profeco will have more than during El Buen Fin thousand officials in the streets around shopping streets and in consumer centers, in addition to extending the telephone service hours from 9 a.m. to 9 p.m.
3. Pursue your case
Prepare the documents requested by Profeco’s consultants and check the status of your complaint using the means indicated to you.
Shops with the most complaints to Profeco in El Buen Fin
In accordance with Data from the Prophetthe stores that received the most claims in El Buen Fin 2020 were:
- office depot
- home depot
What were the main reasons for the complaints?
The most common complaint was the delay in the delivery of the goods, followed by different prices, that is, they showed a price in the advertisement, but when paying with a credit card, they did not respect the price of the promotion, without pointing out that the offer is only valid for cash payments .
The products that received the most complaints are:
Clothing and shoes 15%
White line 11%
Computers and laptops 10%
Whether you are a buyer or a retailer, during El Buen Fin Profeco will keep you informed of the promotions and discounts available throughout the season. If you have a business, it is necessary that you follow the recommendations of this organization and present as clearly, transparently and efficiently the benefits that you want to offer during this period.
I encourage you to subscribe to the blog and keep up to date with the content and materials we have prepared for this season. I’m sure they will help you plan better this sales season. 😉