Surely you’ve heard of inbound and outbound marketing. Both concepts are often contrasted in marketing as the new (inbound) and the old (outbound).
It may seem that as there are more and more platforms to invest in marketing that outbound marketing I would be overwhelmed. But why are so many companies still using it? Well, because it still works.
Although they require a much larger structure and are therefore more expensive, telemarketing and promotional strategies are still in place are effective.
Inbound and Outbound Marketing
Inbound marketing is very different from traditional marketing as it seeks the attention of the target audience relevant content and information, not with the promotion of services and products, as was the case with outbound marketing.
A blog or a digital book with topics that interest the consumer are examples of inbound marketing. The company that provides this content is conquering credibility and the customer receives relevant information.
In the outbound marketing model, companies do sales promotions after building a customer database in various ways, from registration to purchasing information.
In this kind of work customer rejection can be higher. However, if you consider a large-scale marketing strategy, you can get a satisfactory result.
Which one should I choose?
There is no good and bad choice. Actually, the ideal is to combine both practices, although it all depends on your needs. Here’s a comparison between inbound marketing and outbound marketing so you can determine which one best suits your business.
- In inbound marketing, the communication is indirect, while in outbound marketing you are more indirect. commercial and direct with the client.
- In inbound marketing, communication focuses on dialogue and interaction with the customer. Outbound marketing uses the mass communication, more traditional.
- Inbound marketing generates more customer loyalty because the content is more interesting for the audience. In outbound marketing despite less commitment You reach more people.
- The new marketing allows you to monitor the data and results in real time. If you need to change strategy, you can do so quickly. In outbound marketing, the benefit is different: the return on investment Is bigger.
- After all, in inbound marketing the results are achieved in the medium and long term, whereas in outbound marketing getting faster.