Today we start with an article that might be of great interest to anyone who wants to get involved with a web project online. We’re going to talk about where to host your website and the guidelines to follow to choose the best hosting for your project without fear of making a mistake in your choice.
In the article we will Hosting Comparison and we will talk about different options so you can find the one that best suits your needs. If you don’t want to read the entire article, we have made a comparison table with the 3 hostings that we recommend according to price, quality and service in a schematic form: Hostinger, Siteground and Axarnet. To see a deeper analysis and compare other hosts, keep reading to the end.
What is a hosting or web hosting?
First of all, for those who don’t know, web hosting is a place where you host your website files so that anyone can access them from anywhere in the world.
There are many options on the market, all serving the same purpose…although not all are created equal and there are huge differences in quality between some companies and others.
Depending on the size of your website, the expected traffic (number of visits) and where that traffic is coming from, you will need to choose one type of hosting or the other.
The most common and easiest to implement for your project is shared hosting. With this you share resources with other customers and pay a very cheap price for your web hosting plan.
If your project is big, growing over time and getting a lot of visitors, you may need to switch to a VPS or virtual dedicated server in the future. With a VPS you have rented part of a server solely for yourself. This will give you more capacity and performance, but the price you pay will be higher. For this reason, we always recommend starting with a shared hosting package, which will be sufficient in most cases when starting a new project.
If necessary, there is the possibility to rent a private server for you. In this case, the entire server is yours, but as you can imagine, the price is already quite high.
For example, in your hosting you can have your website in WordPress, Joomla and Prestashop. Depending on the type of website, you can choose the framework or content manager that best suits your needs.
With WordPress, for example, you have the flexibility to mount practically any type of website thanks to the multitude of themes and plugins that allow you to customize the website to your liking. And another of the main ones is Prestashop, which is specially designed to create your online store.
And we don’t forget about other simpler and easier options, such as: B. hiring a service for your online shop such as Shopifywhich doesn’t give you the power or flexibility of hosting your own, but can be interesting to start with.
Aspects to evaluate before hiring the best web hosting
When you go to a hosting provider, you will find that they offer you several plans with different options and prices. Choosing one or the other depends on your budget and what you need for your website.
Broadly speaking, the main aspects to evaluate about the best hostings are:
- web space: You have to consider how much space they give you to host your website. At first, your website won’t take up much space, but remember that as you start adding photos and files, you’ll need more and more space. A savings plan usually offers 5 GB of storage space, which is basically enough to get you started. Then, if you need more storage over time, you can easily upgrade to a higher plan without having to change anything on your site.
- transfer: Some hosting providers limit the amount of traffic or visits your website can have. You must ensure that this limitation does not affect you if you have thousands of visits per month.
- fuses: This is very important. You usually don’t look at this option until you need a copy of your site, for example because you accidentally deleted something or an update messed up your site and you want to fall back on a copy. Many people are surprised to find that their host does not make copies or only makes one per month. Always choose a hosting company that makes copies daily and that are easily recoverable.
- Support: Another important aspect to evaluate is that your hosting has support in Spanish, fast and attentive. It’s common practice to contact support when you have a problem and see that it takes a day to reply to the email or they reply but don’t offer you a solution. Because of this, especially if you are not an expert in website building, having good support behind your web hosting plan is essential.
- Price: Another aspect that must be evaluated without a doubt is the price of the chosen plan. There are many good hosting companies out there but you have to see the price they have. Always look for one that offers you good value for money. You probably don’t need the best on the market to get your website started, but it’s important to choose a quality one at an affordable price. With that in mind, when you first rent a hosting plan, there is usually one very interesting discounts for new customers that you can benefit from. With Hostinger you can rent your hosting from just €0.99 thanks to a discount of up to 70% according to the time you rent.
- Free SSL Certificates: SSL certificates are now practically a mandatory option on every website. Even if you don’t need it because you don’t transact on your website, Google takes it very seriously that your website is secure. For this reason, you should check whether you can install a certificate easily and free of charge.
- security: Finally, we want to emphasize that your hosting has its own security and anti-hacking measures. This way you will be protected from possible attempts to infect your website.
- Servers in Europe: If you need your server in Europe or in your country for privacy reasons, it is important that the hosting offers you this option.
What is the best Spanish hosting with the best value for money?
Now that we know what aspects to pay attention to when choosing one or another hosting, let’s start with that comparative hosting in which we will tell you about those that for us are the best in Spain today. There are many more, but these are undoubtedly our favorites: Hostinger, Axarnet, Siteground, Webempresa, Raiola Networks, Tropical Server, and Sered.
Hostinger is currently the cheapest option for quality hosting and the best option for projects that are just starting out.
It’s really surprising that for only €0.99 ($0.99) per month you already have hosting with the latest web speed and performance technologies and for only €1.99 per month a free domain and more than twice as many have resources.
If you’re just starting out, we recommend hiring the cheapest plan, as you can always switch to a plan with more resources later if you need it.
And if your site is going to have a lot of visits or you want to change hosting with a site that is already moving traffic, we recommend the premium option for only €1.99 per month, without forgetting that there is an even more powerful plan 3 €.99 and even a cloud server for €7.45, amazing. You can check all plans here: Hostinger Plans.
And the speed we talked about is because their servers use LiteSpeed and PHP 8.0, the latest and fastest web loading technologies. In addition, the servers have SDD hard drives.
Benefits of Hostinger hosting
- Very very affordable price, ideal if you are starting a new project
- Also very cheap prices for plans with more resources, ideal for saving money on sites with a lot of traffic
- Very fast loading speed thanks to LiteSpeed
- Support in 20 languages, which is always useful when your team speaks different languages
- Install WordPress in 1 click with the option to choose different themes, ideal for non-technical profiles
- The control panel is wonderful compared to what most hostings use. Very intuitive and easy to use and tweak
If you want to know all the details you can visit their website: Hostinger.
Hostinger Hosting Overview
- super cheap price
- Good performance with technologies like LiteSpeed, SSD and PHP 8.0
- Technical support in 20 languages
- Price from €0.99 per month ($0.99).
Siteground is recognized worldwide as one of the best and since arriving in Spain has only confirmed all the good things that have been said about it.
It has enviable infrastructures and some extras in every hosting plan that make it our favorite. Own cache plugin, built-in free CDN, lots of web space on SSD drives, domain included, excellent support… make it the best option in the field of higher quality hosting at a higher price (from €3.99 per month).
The negative point would be the price, which is above the average of the competition, although quality is paid for as with everything else. For this reason we advise you to take advantage of the great discount they offer when renting, which you can request up to the first 12 months.
In our opinion it is the ideal hosting for high traffic websites, from 10,000 or 20,000 monthly visits to make up the price difference with other good hostings like Hostinger.
Not only do they offer hosting of all kinds (including VPS), but they are also among the best specialists in WordPress. So if your website works in WordPress like most websites in the world, it is a luxury to have a hosting that gets the most out of the platform.
They also have a simple and fast system to migrate your website from any other hosting.
It is the hosting that we have been using in Emprenderalia for more than a year, we have an average of 80,000 monthly visits and we are satisfied.
You can see more information and rent your hosting on Siteground by clicking here.
Advantages of Siteground Hosting
- They host the websites on managed servers with the quality of private servers
- All plans have SSD hard drives for more speed
- They have an expert technical service
- It is one of the most used by bloggers and recognized companies, including SEO experts.
- They are WordPress experts with specific configurations and their own cache plugin for maximum speed.
- If you are a developer they have very useful tools like staging system to make changes and then deploy easily
- They offer a great initial discount for rentals of up to 12 months, starting at €5.99 per month for the most basic plan, which is already very powerful.
If you want to know all the details, you can visit their website: Siteground.
Siteground hosting overview
- Good value for money, especially for the quality.
- They are experts in WordPress and the performance is very good. Our website loads in much less than 2 seconds which is recommended.
- They have good support in Spanish.
- Price from €3.99 per month.
Axarnet is a Spanish company that stands out for its fantastic support, available in Spanish 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. With more than 20 years of experience, they offer shared hosting packages from 4.99 euros per month, which you can try completely free for 3 months with all the features of a paid package.
All of their hosting plans come with a free Let’s Encrypt SSL certificate, so your website is completely secure. In addition, they include anti-hacking protection so you can forget about malware. And one thing to note is that if you are coming from another provider, they will take care of migrating your website to their servers.
It also allows you to install different applications in one click to facilitate your work if you want to design your website with WordPress, PrestaShop or Moodle… They also have specific hosting plans for these CMS.
Benefits of Axarnet Hosting
- All plans have SSD drives to keep your site running fast
- They include free trials for 3 months, so you can start your project without any cost or complications.
- They have 24/7 technical support in Spanish
- Cheap price for shared hosting plans
- Install apps automatically with one click
- Includes a free Let’s Encrypt SSL certificate
- Includes anti-hacking protection to prevent malware attacks
If you want to know all the details you can visit their website: Axarnet.
Axarnet hosting summary
- Competitive price for what it offers
- Very good support in Spanish
- Specialized hosting for various CMS
- Price from €4.99
4. Web company
web company is a 100% Spanish company that has been able to create suitable hosting plans for WordPress (they only offer hosting for this CMS) which makes the websites hosted on their servers, especially the elastic plans, load very quickly.
The support they offer is also excellent and they pay special attention to the security of the site. Some users have even complained about the excessive security it has that can prevent them from performing any actions on its website because it is suspicious. In these cases, all you have to do is contact support so they can grant you access.
They also offer a free domain if you don’t already have one, and their SSD drives guarantee very good loading speeds.
You can consult more information and order your hosting from Webempresa click here.
Advantages of Webempresa hosting
- It is a hosting specialized in WordPress
- It has a very good and fast technical service, much appreciated
- It has security tools, automatic copies… so you don’t have to worry about these problems
- Good value for money from the cheapest hosting
- Its servers are equipped with SSD hard drives for more speed
- This includes a free domain and SSL certificates
If you want to know all the details you can visit their website: web company.
5. Raiola Networks
Another company that we would like to highlight is Raiolaa very young Galician company that has created some very good and accessible plans for all budgets.
Raiola Netwroks is very involved in the entrepreneurial community and it is common to see her at conferences related to marketing and SEO. That’s why in the marketing world there are very good professionals who have their website hosted on their servers that also have an SSD drive.
Unlike Webempresa, Raiola also offers virtual and dedicated servers if your project requires it.
You can consult more information and rent your hosting in Raiola by doing it click here.
Advantages of hosting by Raiola Networks
- You have many different plans to choose the one you really need
- They offer good value for money with plans starting at €5.95 per month
- They have shared hosting, virtual servers (VPS) and dedicated servers, ideal for growing
- Its servers use Litespeed and SDD hard drives, which guarantees very high speeds
- It is recommended by various bloggers who generate a lot of traffic
If you want to know all the details you can visit their website: Raiola.
6. Tropical Server
We like to mention TropicalServer because they offer something different than the others, NVMe drives. These hard drives are the evolution of SSD hard drives and are proven to offer better performance than the latter. They are still very new and practically no company offers them, but Tropical Server has known how to differentiate itself and is currently using them as hard drives for its hosting plans.
With this technology, they have the potential to be the fastest hosting of all current alternatives. You can try one of their hosting plans for free and see if your website speed improves when you host it with them.
If you want to know all the details you can visit their website: TropicalServer.
Finally, we would like to mention Grounded as it is a very cheap alternative and that it can be useful for more than one to start a website without having to make a big investment.
With Sered’s cheap plans, you can have your own hosting from less than 3 euros per month. You can start with this plan and scale to higher plans as your project grows.
If you want to know all the details you can visit their website: Grounded.
So far our comparison of the best hostings in Spanish. As you can see, we wanted to mention different options in terms of performance and price, so you can choose the one that suits you best.
Depending on your budget or the needs of your website, you can choose one option or the other. You already know that we recommend Hostinger because it’s the best affordable hosting we’ve tested. For only €0.99 per month ($0.99) you can get your hosting already with a free domain and for a little more you have plans with many more resources if your website has a lot of visits. You can check their site to see if it meets your needs and hire now to have a really fast site.
Finally, tell you that most of these companies offer a 30-day free trial. So, if you are not satisfied with the hosting you have chosen, you can always cancel your subscription and rent a new one.