Whenever we start a new project on the Internet, we always have doubts about which hosting company to choose and, above all, which server is the most suitable for our needs. At Evidalia Hosting there are 3 different types of servers: Web Hosting Plansreseller plans and VPS server. In this article, we want to show you when a VPS server can be the most suitable server type, as well as the main reasons to choose one of these servers.
When is a VPS server the right option for my web project?
The first and most important point is if the scope of our project requires it. If we have a lot of visits or generate a lot of traffic, a VPS server is the best option. In this server we can, for example, adjust PHP or Apache parameters according to our needs. Thanks to the SSH access as root, we can also monitor access with utilities such as top.
The second point, although we already mentioned it in the previous section, is SSH access. This type of access allows us, in addition to launching commands, to install the applications we need from the console.
Another point to note is that although with VPS servers we have full control over the server, managing these servers is much easier and requires less technical knowledge than a dedicated server. Also, the price is lower than that of dedicated servers.
Exclusive use of server resources. A VPS server has exclusively allocated resources: Ram, hard drive, processor, etc. These resources are exclusive to the server, so only the websites hosted on that server use these resources.
Why choose a VPS server from Evidalia Hosting?
Evidalia Hosting is a company with extensive experience as it has been dedicated to web hosting and domain registration for almost two decades.
Among the points that speak to them for hiring a VPS server, we can highlight:
- Data center in Spain and Spanish IP: The data center is physically located in Spain, which improves the performance of accesses from Spain.
- Fully scalable servers: As your project grows, you can increase server resources without the need for migration.
- Servers ready to use: When the contract is signed, a server is delivered fully configured and ready for use.
- Serial SSD hard drivee: Today, a VPS server would be unthinkable without an SSD hard drive, since the performance of this type of hard drive greatly improves the speed of hosted websites.
- Fast and quality technical support: With VPS servers, it is the owner who has to ensure the proper functioning of the server. However, if you have any doubts or incidents, you can contact Evidalia technical support so that they can help you with your problem.
- Backup copies of your VPS: As a customer, you have the backup service for free. You can quickly restore a current copy of your VPS server. If you want even more security options, you can always rent the Cloud Backup service that allows for selective restores.
- White mark: Each server has its own DNS, so domains hosted on that server use that DNS. So you can resell part of your accommodation or simply use it for other projects. Depending on your Plesk license, you can host 10, 30, or unlimited domains.