companies of the order of Google, PayPal, Netflix, Apple and Amazon they have reached the point where they are indebted investments in marketing much lower than what traditional companies used to do and this has been made possible by technology, social networks, empowering their people, agile logistics processes, electronic payments and much more elements of the digital age brought consumers much closer to brands.
Digital has become so important that traditional companies already understand it in their understanding marketing plan Basic aspects like that websitethat social mediaWeb positioning, CRM and even the Wireless Internet access.
According to the IAB Colombia Annual Report 2015, Colombian companies made investments in digital marketing for 376,110 million pesos. While the average share of mobile and desktop advertising worldwide is 31% (Zenith Optimedia), in Colombia we are only 14.42%. Although that doesn’t put us on par with that world marketour annual growth was greater than 13% (PwC), showing an encouraging outlook for the digital marketing and digital development of the country.
Today, more than half of the people of Colombia have Internet access, and 52% of them use a fixed internet connection via broadband, while the other 48% do so via mobile internet (MinTIC). 64% of Colombians Accessing the Internet mainly from their smartphones (eMarketer), but what’s really weird is that only 25% of them have one data planso the rest connects to the internet via top-ups and networks Wireless Internet access.
How can WiFi make businesses profitable?
There are millions of establishments worldwide that offer Wireless Internet access to their customers, but the vast majority don’t take much advantage of this. New technologies have allowed strategies like Social WiFiwhich attempts to have a client run its after it connects registration through social mediaout of As on the side of establishment in one of them leave yours E-mail, share your basic profile information with the company and even post about the brand. Other solutions on the market are sought WiFi monetization either WiFi monetizationwhich in addition to requesting a registration about social medialeads the user to view a advertisinganswer a survey or download an app.
That Wi-Fi Marketing It has a great advantage for brands because it integrates Online and offline marketing strategies without the user noticing and represents a positioning toolan added value for the customer, an opportunity for loyalty and gaining valuable information from the customer and a new way of optimizing the investments in marketing.
In general, a internet channel 5 Mbps is enough for a small venue, but if you have good reception with your customers you can increase it to an average of 10 Mbps. If you compare that to that Investments required to develop an app, motivate its download and encourage its frequent use; the cost of Wi-Fi Marketing they are very low. Many companies combine both strategies to make the most of it and reduce investments.
That’s how he is Wi-Fi Marketing takes on a very high priority digital marketingpositions itself as proximity strategyCustomer service and loyalty, research, real-time activation, promotion and advertising, and app download and use, which enables segment strategies, brand, direct and centrally manage. Some companies even shine Wireless Internet access with a radius of 1 km looking to position itself beyond its points and attract its potential customers nearby who are connected to traditional media such as e.g BTL Strategies and flyers.
You might be interested in this solution: