WindowsXP It expired in April 2014, but many small businesses continue to use it, exposing themselves to a security risk in an outdated system.
The Risks of End of Support for Windows XP
The main reason why Windows XP is no longer secure is the lack of support from Microsoft, which made the system more vulnerable. The lack of support makes Windows XP unsafe for both personal and business use. In the enterprise, you are more vulnerable to virtual attacks such as hacks and information theft.
According to StatCounter statistics, as of October 2013, more than a fifth of the world’s computers were running Windows XP. Microsoft provides means to migration to more modern systems.
Using older software is more expensive
There is also the security risk of using older software such as Windows XP weighs in your pocket.
Support costs for legacy systems can increase from $451 in year two $766 up to the fifth year of use, according to a study by International Data Corporation sponsored by Microsoft itself.
7 online safety tips for your business
The current market constellation requires companies to be familiar with it virtual security. McAfee, security company and creator of the famous antivirus, listed some of the preventive measures to protect yourself on the Internet:
- Verify that the email messages contain spelling mistake. If so, it may be a scam.
- change your passwords often. Do it at least every 90 days.
- not complete to shape directly in emails or attachments.
- hold your browsers forever updated.
- don’t use the internet public wifi, because you share your personal and company data with third parties. Protect your WiFi network with a password.
- Check whether the pages you visit, including those of your provider, have the letter “s” for “secure” in the http (https) in the address bar.
- Check the regularly Apps Permissionto know what they are accessing on your device.
In addition to To update When you are no longer using your company’s computers with old software, you need to be careful virtual environment in which your company moves. With these two practices, you increase the security of your company.